Youngstown Community School
K-8 Physical Education/Health Teacher
Posting Date: August 4, 2020
Posting Deadline: August 14, 2020
District: Youngstown Community School
Position: Physical Education Teacher for K-8
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and Valid OH teaching certificate/license or must be
in the process of obtaining a valid OH teaching certificate/license in subject area to be
Ideal candidate will meet the following:
- Support the school's mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies toward students, parents/guardians and coworkers.
- Passionate about urban education and our mission
- Design and effectively deliver developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations
- Keep the classroom environment organized, attractive and safe.
- Interact frequently and respectfully with staff, students and community.
- Maintain a professional attitude
- Receptive to feedback and desire to grow professionally; attend staff meetings and professional development series throughout the school year
- Highly organized
- Ability to implement Positive Behavior Interventions and Support
- Use effective classroom management strategies in a general educational setting
Salary: As per negotiated salary schedule
Starting Date: August 20, 2020
Interested applicants should email or send a letter of interest, resume, and credentials
Attn: Rachael Smith
School District: Youngstown Community School
Address: 50 Essex Street
Address: Youngstown, Ohio 44502